Saturday 31 December 2011

The Last Day of 2011

Okay, so get this.. I was just thinking that I should write a post since it's 31st December. I'm sitting on my bed, laptop on my knee and pressed play on my iPod dock, (which is on shuffle) and the song 2012 came on! AHHH! Actually, at the time that happened I thought it seemed cool, typing it all out it doesn't seem like it is...only YOU can be the judge for yourself.

 MOVING ON....


It's hard to believe that we are end the end of another year already! I can remember this time last year so clearly. Things were different, but I won't go into all that again.
I realised today that small things can change your attitude to something. That happened to me today. I won't say what it was, it's kind of embarrassing. But it was a very small thing and yet it changed my whole perspective on something. It was a wake up call for me anyway. I know this is impossible for anyone to understand because you don't know what i'm talking about but try try try to understand! Anyway, I realised that if this year has taught me anything, it's that life is far too short to spend it crying over things that have changed and have happened that you don't like. You shouldn't have deep regrets and you certainly shouldn't have grudges. I don't want to start a brand new year with any grudges or anger from this year because where's the point in it? It's not healthy and it certainly doesn't do anyone any good.

Yeah, things have happened, i've been sad this year, sadder than I ever have been. But I think right now that it's better to just remember the good times I had with all those important people from this year. It's been a strange day for realisations.


As for 2012, I don't really know what i'm expecting from it. I don't have any major plans for this year or anything. This year was really good apart from the ending so I can't say i've really had any thought about what I wanted from the coming year. I suppose I just want to feel my happier self again. I would like to pick up some friendships that I may have lost over the past few months and I want to stop feeling so angry! I'm hopeful that 2012 will be a better year. 2011 was my year of learning and i've never had to go through so many emotions all at once in my entire life!

I am thankful for this year also though. Throughout the tears and bad times during Autumn and Winter, the first half of the year were really good and I have so many memories from it all!

I'm a little nervous for the new year. I'll have to hear about things that may upset me, or things may happen that I won't like and I'll be angry or whatever. But a new year does mean a newish start and I feel ready to try and leave behind all the crap from 2011.

So here's to a new year! *raises glass*




  HAPPY NEW YEAR!   

No comments:

Post a Comment