Monday 10 October 2011

Hens Will Kiss Turkeys

I tweeted this very title today...it had an interesting response..


Well no, it had NOTHING to do with the above suggestion!

A man came into school today to talk about effective ways of studying. You're probably asleep just reading that line..I know we all were! But it turned out to be quite interesting after all. He told us all about the brain and how we don't always use the parts that we should. And as for the 'Hens Will Kiss Turkeys' it's key word he would use if he was tying to remember the rhyme Humpty Dumpty.
H - Humpty
W - Wall
K - King
T - Together

Picking out words in things and making up funny sentences is a way to help yourself remember key points for an exam! I think i'll put his ideas to good use over the next few months and see what happens. I also found out that I am more of a Linguistic learner (meaning I am into creative writings and literature etc) and there was another one that I actually can't remember the name of but it was more or less saying I was an extrovert, (being able to speak to new people, talk in a large crowd, be confident in front of others).

One last thing that was mentioned is that men, yes - MEN, are more in touch with their emotions than women!

They will be more likely to want to cry at a movie, be more hurt over a relationship breakdown and have more to say using their emotions than they would ever let on. My friends and I laughed at this.

It's a VERY interesting thing to know.....

No comments:

Post a Comment