Thursday 29 March 2012

Constant Kids

Today marked the end of my 5 month placement in St. Malachy's Primary School. I went from 9:15am to 10:45am every Thursday morning. I absolutely loved going and interacting with the class. They were so talkative and attentive to anything I told them and I got to know them so well during my time. I definitely want to go into teaching as a career. I get such a buzz from teaching children something new and knowing that it will carry on with them throughout their school career.
I realised today, that the P3s at St. Malachy's were a blessing to my life. When I first started at the start of Novemeber, everything was changing around me. I'd had a bad breakup, friends were starting to drift away and everything I had known from last year was gone. And yet suddenly, there was this P3 class they expected me every Thursday morning, rain or shine!
They were a constant in my life's timetable and while things seemed to be going badly, I always felt better after coming away from a morning at St. Malachy's. I loved feeling needed and they were always so interested in what I was doing.

One of my favourite days there was when we went for a walk around town and they completed little worksheets on the different shops we had. I was asked a million questions and helped each and every one of them at some point! The photos of the walk are up on their classroom wall and where I sat in the room every Thursday, I was able to look at them and remember such a good day.

They were a wonderful constant to have in this ever-changing life



 Left: A little note that one of the girls gave me one morning a few weeks back. Can you guess her name!?




                                                                                           
Above: A signed card from the class and a card from the teacher along with a £10 voucher :)


(My presents to them! Definitely struck a chord!)

No comments:

Post a Comment