Sunday 5 February 2012

Thankfulness

Tonight I went to my youth fellowship, 'Alf'. I haven't been in a long time, for a number of reasons to be honest. But tonight I went.

We watched a video by Luis Giglio and he talked about the immensity of the stars and how much bigger they are in comparison to our tiny earth. It really put into perspective how small we are and put me in my place. But it also helped show me something I think I needed to hear. If you think about how small you are, on earth and in comparison with space and the vast galaxies, you may feel insignificant, but God still loves you. You are so special to Him and he listens to you when you need him most.

Over the past few months I haven't really been myself. I've been going through things and having tough times. Tonight made me see that even though I may feel like luck isn't on my side and I ask myself "why does this have to happen to me" etc etc, I know that God is actually with me and this is all part of HIS plan for me, no matter how tough it seems or how confusing it might be. Everything was going so well but then BAM it all changed and I was miserable. It's taken a while but i'm slowly beginning to see that there is more to life than just the negatives.

You have two choices, bad things happen and you either wallow in self-pity and wonder why oh why, or you get up and keep going because there ARE greater things to come and it is all part of an amazing plan.

I have amazing friends around me and some far away. People who always listen to me going on and on about the same old and yet they always have time to listen. I am especially thankful for them. school is going pretty well, I have things coming up which I am looking forward to and everyone in my family is in good health.

Yes, there are bad times that can are confusing, but there are so many more positive things to focus on.

So tonight, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment