Friday 24 February 2012

Today I Met Up With My Old Friend, Change

I knew I was going to cry before I'd even had a chance to figure out why. I do that sometimes, feel lots of things like memories and times that have now passed, well up inside me and then my brain goes "You're going to cry....now!"  
Once again, I've been feeling the weight of everything changing around me. If you don't know me personally you'll never really understand just how much has changed for me and why I seem to be making such a big deal over it. I was walking through school in my free period today and I bumped into my friend, actually someone who was my best friend for 5 years. We're still friendly, but we're nowhere near as close. I got to thinking, as I was talking to her, how is it that in the space of 6 months eveything had changed? We were in seperate classes and yet there was really no reason why we couldn't still be as friendly.. I thought back to this time last year when things we so different. It's weird for me to get used to all this so quickly.

(I'm well aware that I have been talking about change in pretty much every blog i've ever written and I'm still as useless at getting used to it now as I was then!)

I'm trying to stay strong, and move on. I really really am. I know it doesn't seem it but I want to not be bothered anymore by the changes that have happened, especially the major ones.

Change is scary. It can creep up on you when you least expect it to.

I'll end on a quote that a good friend told me about today. I can always rely on him to be my motivator!

Proverbs 3: 5-8
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."

No comments:

Post a Comment